About Ontario's First Nation SchoolNet Program
The First Nations SchoolNet Program has provided Internet connectivity, support and assistance to First Nations schools since the late 1990s.
Through the First Nations SchoolNet Program, we can help provide:
- Assistance to schools in upgrading internet connections
- Youth Employment Initiative based on funding approval
- Service Desk for Network & Technical issues within your school
- Internet Connectivity Assistance based on funding approval
- Free Online Websites for Schools
- Videoconferencing Services
In order to provide better services for First Nations Schools under SchoolNet, Industry Canada invited proposals for Regional Management Organizations to administer the program as it continues. Our organization entered that competition and has been offered the role Regional Management Organization for First Nations Schools in Ontario.
Our proposal was based on our experiences in implementing Information and Communications Techonology with First Nations and provincial schools in Ontario. Through a series of projects, we have worked with schools to better their connectivity, maintain their systems, train their teachers in technology use, and deliver on-line courses. Our corporate vision is to use Information and Communications Technology to increase the educational opportunities available in First Nations and remote communities.